Gmail can be used to receive from and send to your BlueChannel-hosted email account. You’ll need a Gmail account.
To check your BlueChannel-hosted email using Gmail, please notify BlueChannel you intend to use Gmail as your email program and provide us with your Gmail email address. We’ll set up your BlueChannel-hosted email to forward to your Gmail account.
To send from your BlueChannel-hosted email using Gmail, please follow the instructions below (source: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/22370).
- Click the gear in the top right .
- Select Settings.
- Click the Accounts and Import tab.
- Under Send mail as, click Add another email address.
- In the ‘Email address’ field, enter your name and your BlueChannel-hosted email address.
- Enter the SMTP server (e.g. mail.your-domain-name.com), your username on that domain (full email address), and your password for that account. You may also need to adjust your port setting or SSL setting. (Port 587 and “Secured connection using TLS” usually work.)
- Click Add account >>
- Open your other account and either click the link in the message Gmail sent or enter the confirmation code in the Accounts and Import section of your Gmail settings.
- If Gmail sent a verification email and you didn’t receive it, try checking your Spam or Bulk Mail folders for a message from firstname.lastname@example.org to see if the email ended up in there.